Sunday, October 21, 2012

Brydging the Gap Between Tablet and Laptop


Generally, I roll my eyes when the first thing people do after purchasing a new technology is accessorize it.  My friends and family browse Amazon for cases, car cords, keypad covers, decals, and the like whenever they grab a new gadget.  That being said, I cannot help but covet the following iPad accoutrement:

Called the Brydge, this thing is simply…cool.
As their website notes, “Brydge is an elegant solution to the lack of quality iPad keyboards and accessories currently on the market.  Brydge connects to your iPad using a patent-pending hinge which allows for close to 180 degrees of iPad positioning and holds your iPad secure.

“Brydge’s hinge combines the forces of friction and magnetism to hold strongly onto the iPad.  There is no need to enclose your iPad in any sort of case, instead, your iPad snaps in and is ready to go.  If you need your iPad free from Brydge, simple hold down on the Brydge and pull your iPad free.” 
In addition to boasting the Apple aesthetics, this device, which features speakers, offers impressive functionality.  Indeed, if you own an iPad and one of these nifty keyboards, do you really need a laptop?

As a minimalist, I maintain the conviction that, if ever my iPad (which was a gift) breaks, I will not replace it and will simply continue with my good-for-all-purposes laptop.  Now, I wonder if I should amend that strategy.  Perhaps, if my Asus breaks, I’ll instead equip my iPad with the accessories that transform it into a laptop?

No comments:

Post a Comment